The decision of Blogger to WordPress migration becomes urgent, when you’re willing to improve your blog immediately. If it’s true, you are on the right way of your web project development. Now, you have to proceed with your Blogger to WordPress conversion properly with no losses. Thus, we would like to meet your halfway and offer the easiest technique to import Blogger into WordPress.
“To Do” List – Prepare for the Migration
Considering the existed migration ways, we’d like to offer you the automated Blogger to WordPress migration. To proceed, you need to have the following:
Install your new WordPress site.
Make sure your Blogger and WordPress websites are available online.
Your Blogger login (email and password).
FTP or hosting control panel credentials for WordPress (username, FTP host and password).
Set up all your WordPress permalinks according to the options you are offered e.g. by default, day and month, custome structure, etc (to do this, go to Settings -> Permalinks in WordPress dashboard).
Video Tutorial: How to Migrate Blogger to WordPress
Blogger to WordPress Conversion Steps
Go to www.cms2cms.com, login via your Facebook or Google+ account.
2. Source and Target URLs
Provide your Blogger URL as a Source site and WordPress as a Target and select CMS types below.
3. Blogger.com Access
Then you have to type your email and password that you use to login to your Blogger.com project.
1) Download the connection bridge pressing the corresponding button on your migration wizard.
2) Unpack ‘cms2cms’ zip folder.
3) Then go to your FTP client software and copy the cms2cms folder you’ve extracted from the zip file to the Blogger and WordPress root folders. (Root folder is the top one where index.php is located)
4) Go back to your migration wizard and verify the connection bridge by pressing the corresponding button.Note: Watch up full Video Tutorial on how to download the connection bridge.
You may run the Demo Migration transferring 10 pages and all the related entities for free, to make sure how the service performs your data migration. Before proceeding with it, you will have some additional options to choose:
Migrate Media (migrate all the images)
- Make URLs SEO friendly (Internal links will be formed according to the rewrite rules of WordPress blog)
- Clear Current Target Data (in case you want to delete the test data on WordPress)
6. Migrate all of your ContentAfter the Demo Migration is successfully completed and you’re satisfied with the results, you can proceed with the Full migration. When it’s finished, you’ll receive the notification message and your brand new WordPress blog to check out.
Automated Migration vs Free Import: Gain or Pain?
You may wonder why use the automated migration instead of the free import tool? It’s easy to explain.
With automated service, you get excellent 24/7 support, while with the free tools you have to ask for solutions to any problems on forums or discussion boards and wait till anyone answers.Also you can migrate more entities and avoid broken internal links, just look through the table to estimate all the website content items that are imported from Blogger to WordPress.
Automated Migration Free Import Pages + - Posts + + Tags + - Categories + + Comments + + Users + - Content Images + - Internal Links + -
Moreover, you get your migration done in minutes, with no installations or coding, while the free importers may require both.
Final Action to Rapid Success
So, if you have made the decision on the fast and advanced switching from Blogger to WordPress, all you need to do is set up your FREE Demo Migration with CMS2CMS. Be ready to check up your new blog appearance on WordPress CMS platform in just a few minutes with no hassle at all!
Latest posts by Mariana Kordas (see all)
- MyBB to vBulletin Migration: Roadmap [Prezi] - May 28, 2014
- Switch to WordPress 3.9: Get Ready for the Summer [Infographic] - May 12, 2014
- Know WordPress Firsthand: Experts’ Insights - May 8, 2014