How it Works
2. Select your Migration Type
At this point, you have two options: to set up migration yourself or have it set up by our technical engineers. The last one you can choose if you don’t have much time to perform the migration yourself or in case you want more complicated customization to be done.
To get assistance with your Migration, click ‘Get All-in-One service’ button.
If you want to handle the Migration setup by yourself, press ‘Start Migration‘ to be taken to the next step.
3. Provide Current and New Website URLs and CMS Types
Point out your Current website (the one you want to migrate data from) and New website (the one you are migrating to) URLs and choose their CMS types from the drop-down list. In case, you don’t have your new site yet, you may try migration using CMS2CMS test site.
4. Install the Connection Bridge
Connection bridge file is a special gateway used to gain access to the data from your Current and New CMS and allow data interaction between them.
- Download Bridge file to your local computer. It will be saved as zip file containing “cms2cms” folder.
- Extract the folder from the zip file.
- Now, connect to your Current and New Websites via FTP with the help of any type of FTP client software, e.g. WinSCP, FileFTP, FileZilla, CuteFTP, etc.
- Within the FTP client, copy the “cms2cms” folder extracted from the Bridge zip file and insert it into the root folder of both your Current and New CMS websites.
Hint. Root folder is the top folder of your website where the primary index.php file is located.
5. Match the Content
CMS2CMS makes it possible to match content types in different platforms. To proceed with this option, indicate which content type should be migrated to. For now this step is available for Drupal to WordPress migration.
6. Choose Additional Migration Options
Before you start the Demo migration, you have to choose the extra Migration options by checking or unchecking the corresponding boxes:
- migrate media – check the box if you wish to import images
- make URLs SEO friendly – internal links will be formed according to the URLs structure on your Target site.
- clear current Target data – it means, all data on your Target website will be deleted before the Migration.
- get design suggestion – it means that you will be offered to choose the theme similar to your previous one.
- permanent (301) redirects from your previous URLs to new URLs – keeps your ranking and visitors after migration.
7. Start Demo Migration
To see how the service works, you may run the Demo Migration of 10 content pages and their related entities (categories, users, images etc) to your New website for free.
Note. Migration of website theme/template is not supported
8. Start Full Migration
After you have checked out the service operation, you may start Full Migration to import all of your content to the new website.
9. Enjoy Your Brand New Website
When your Full Migration is complete, check out its results and enjoy the benefit of managing your website with a brand new CMS!