2. Select your Migration Type
To get assistance with your Migration, click ‘Get All-in-One service’ button.
If you want to handle the Migration setup by yourself, press ‘Start Migration‘ to be taken to the next step.
3. Provide Current and New Website URLs and CMS Types
4. Install the Connection Bridge
- Download Bridge file to your local computer. It will be saved as zip file containing “cms2cms” folder.
- Extract the folder from the zip file.
- Now, connect to your Current and New Websites via FTP with the help of any type of FTP client software, e.g. WinSCP, FileFTP, FileZilla, CuteFTP, etc.
- Within the FTP client, copy the “cms2cms” folder extracted from the Bridge zip file and insert it into the root folder of both your Current and New CMS websites.
Hint. Root folder is the top folder of your website where the primary index.php file is located.
5. Match the Content
6. Choose Additional Migration Options
- migrate media – check the box if you wish to import images
- make URLs SEO friendly – internal links will be formed according to the URLs structure on your Target site.
- clear current Target data – it means, all data on your Target website will be deleted before the Migration.
- get design suggestion – it means that you will be offered to choose the theme similar to your previous one.
- permanent (301) redirects from your previous URLs to new URLs – keeps your ranking and visitors after migration.
7. Start Demo Migration
Note. Migration of website theme/template is not supported.
8. Start Full Migration
After you have checked out the service operation, you may start Full Migration to import all of your content to the new website.